Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Sunday, August 13, 2006

3 A.M., Saturday morning; full moon, coyote and loons

Movies never quite capture the sounds of coyotes howling. My first impression is that of a crowd disturbance coming out of nowhere. Only after a second does the thought "coyote!" come into your head. Between the impression and the thought is when hackles would be rising, if I knew where my hackles were. The coyotes got the loons' hackles rising, and they called immediately after. Since we had an unsolved plumbing emergency in the house, I decided to take advantage of the moonlight for a quick walk to the woods. When I got back to bed, I lay there, listening to cones from the big norways drop in the night...

No comments: