Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Friday, February 25, 2005

Update....

Things are getting curiouser and curiouser....

I reached Tim Miller, who is the DNR ATV task force person Joel quoted in the article...Mr. Miller said he didn't know for sure where the trail was, but affirmed that there was a trail....Suffice it to say I am worried... He did say this was in the planning stages as part of the DNR's Master Plan, but I am unable to find it in the online version of the Master Plan (http://dnr.wi.gov/master_planning/nhal/ProgressReports/PR12_Alternatives/toc.html The only ATV trail in the NHAL listed there is the ATV link in Mercer-but I thought that had already been "developed".

So I tried to email the good people at ECCOLA via the email address at their website and I got back a "returned-mailbox full message"-no better luck with the phone number. Can anyone help me out? Perhaps I am having a bad dream...

quietnorth

No comments: