Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Thursday, October 06, 2005

What we can learn from The Outdoor Life Network

Last night I was on the treadmill keeping ready for the Chicago Marathon-I am in the "gasping and wheezing duffers" category. While channel surfing, I came across the outdoor life network, and it was showing a Hockey game. I am not an expert, but do they play professional hockey outdoors? Is there not enough content out there about the outdoors to put on the network? Or is none of it more interesting than watching...professional hockey? Then it occured to me-are silent sports boring? I don't mean boring to do (although the relationship between boredom and silent sports is certainly interesting) but boring to watch? And is this a marketing challenge for us as we try to gain a constituency for our sports?

No comments: