Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Driving (mostly) 55: results...

I blogged several weeks ago about my decision to drive 60 miles an hour.     In northern Wisconsin, where the actual speed limit is usually 55, I stick to 55.    On my last fill up, I was surprised to see the gas milage on my little blue 94 Prizm go up to 40 MPG.   That seems too good to be true, for a car that got around 30 mpg before I started paying attention.   Is this typical?   I will test the results again this week.  

I can't be preachy about what people should do to reduce their energy use-I put a lot of miles on my cars.    But I think everyone should do something, and I am just offering my experience with an energy saver that every driver could employ with little difficulty.


No comments: