Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When will I support ATV trails? (cont.)

I just sent my letter to the National Resources Board opposing the NHAL ATV trails, when I was directed to today's Wall Street Journal. (Click on this post's headline-Hat tip to Don Erickson). I wish I would have read the article first, and referenced it., when I warned the Board that faster ATV's are on the way. Apparently, the ATV industry wants to build FASTER ATV's for young people because they say-get this- it will be safer! Not since "Joe Camel" cigarette ads have I heard of a more cynical marketing idea.

Look, ATV supporters, here is your chance. ATV manufacturers are after your children! Let's see you get some backbone. They are not your friends.

No comments: