Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Thursday, February 22, 2007

sorry for the lack of posts lately....

I have been thinking about this blog recently, esp. after I may have inadvertently posted some "strategy" ideas that were copied by people with different goals than mine. I don't want to be the "Rex Grossman" of the Silent Sports cause!

When I began quietnorth in 2005, the DNR had proposed a "loop trail", after the residents of Vilas County clearly registered their opposition to ATV's. I noticed that the other websites hadn't been active recently, so I started this blog as a way of publicizing issues related to silent sports.

Now, The NCRS site is back up and active. Silent Sports Magazine has a regular action feature. And it seems that silent sports enthusuasts are actually becoming more organized.

So while I will continue to post news topics related to silent sports in the Vilas County area, I will be a little more circumspect about posting strategy pieces. There are many other ways of getting that information out there.

If there is something you don't want me to publicize on the blog, please let me know.

I am going to be making some other changes in the blog format as well. I will keep you posted.

No comments: