Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Monday, November 13, 2006

Single Track Raven Trail?

I am not a "mountain biker" per se, so my comments here are based out of ignorance. Reconstructing trails to deal with erosion makes sense. I am not sure I understand how making a trail single track will help, though-I am skeptical of the "people will slow down, because of the technical difficulty". argument. Does a single track trail actually make the trail narrrower? Can that really be a good thing for a multi-use trail? I suspect that hikers and bikers may not be able to share some trails, if both sports become as popular as we hope.

Lets assume that we succeed in bringing more silent sports people to the northwoods-bikers, hikers, birdwatchers, orienteers and cache-ers. We may indeed have cross-sport conflicts that need to be addressed.

No comments: