Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, October 31, 2006

End of October regrets....

When it comes to regrets of things unnacomplished, I tend to divide the seasons into "snow" and "no snow" four seasons of regrets being too much to bear.


What did I accomplish this summer, from a silent sports point of view?

The Tri-it triathalon at the Nature Center, which I loved, my daughter Amanda...not so much. The men went first, which led to the absurd situation of fit atheletes starting behind me. It took me a month before the cry "passing on the left!" stopped echoing in my skull.

Unfortunately, that was the only competition I engaged in. It has been over a year since I ran a marathon. There is no "resting on one's laurels" over 50, and so I have to get myself ready for a spring marathon.

The canoing highlght was the three day trip down the lower Wisconsin River. (I reported on that in August). The temperature hit 100 degrees, which made it difficult to want to do much but float. But the scenery and the birdwatching was beautiful.

We also went into the Turtle-Flambeau flowage further than ever before. And I made a few exploring trips (way to few) up the Manitowish river.

More to follow....

No comments: