Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Do we really want to drive anymore? next installment

A year or so ago, I asked the question in this blog: Wouldn't it be better if cars drove themselves? I had seen someone in a sports car passing me doing at least 80, while they were highlighting some journal. I thought: You know, he could be doing that in a Ford Focus. I was thinking about the trouble drivers were getting in multitasking, and also how technology was inching up to the point where we wouldn't need to drive. So here is the next step in the process: A self-parking car. If we can get a car to park itself, how far are we from a car that can drive itself?

I would think htat the Wisconsin Tavern League would be investing heavily!

No comments: