Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Monday, October 02, 2006

Beautiful fall weekend....

A solo loon remains on our quiet lake, although he/she is pretty quiet. While I was building a cart in the drive, I heard the famiiliar call of our friend, the pileated woodpecker. She headed for the tree next to the suet feeder, and moved her head this way and that, trying to get a clear picture of things. Was she wondering where her stump went? She eventually flew quickly and smoothly to the feeder. It was interesting that she came back the one time I was in the yard. I had noticed at other times that I hear her calling when I am lowering the garage door. She is very wary, but also reasonably comfortable around us.

No comments: