Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tri-it Triatholon...

Forgot to mention that almost two weeks ago my daughter Amanda and I participated in the tri-it triatholon at Manitowish Waters. Let's just say that I am still hearing the phrase "passing on the left!" go through my head. Actually, I had a great time. I hope to be in better shape for the bike portion next year.

It had been a while since I was in the woods on a bike, so this race primed me for a few off road bike trips on snowmobile trails (thanks, snowmobilers). Really, silent sports enthusiasts should be supporting the snowmobilers in maintaining this wonderful trail system.

I discovered that sticking a couple of "Off " repellent disposable towels in the air flow grooves of my bike helmet really helps with the deer flies.

No comments: