Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Sunday, April 09, 2006

Welcome to quietnorth

Welcome, everyone, to quietnorth:

This blog is a little over a year old. I started it to be a kind of low key advocacy for quiet recreation in Vilas County. Quiet recreational types are not as "noisy" or as organized in defending their interests as snowmobilers and ATVers.

Although I am enthusiastic about silent sports, I am really an amateur and a duffer, and to me "the sport" is in service of the silence.

I will try to post every week, though as a teacher I get busy certain times of the year. My goal is to post 4-5 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. My posts will reflect what I am reading and what I am doing.

When you have a minute, please read through my previous posts. Much of what I write about isn't particularly time sensitive, and I think there are a few interesting posts from the past.

Thanks for your interest...

No comments: