Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bike Trail north of Boulder....

Just the other day, I told Gina and a friend that one of my summer goals was to try to organize a fund for a bike trail north of Boulder to High-Fishtrap Dam road. I have seen one very scary near miss on that stretch. A grandfather and a grandson were biking south, and the grandson suddenly crossed the road towards the ice cream stand. A truck with a boat trailer had to swerve.

A few minutes after I said this, I saw that the owner of the business on the corner of M and High-Fishtrap (The Homestead Gift Shop) just posted a petition to have a bike trail built! I haven't talked to her yet, but I recommend that you stop by and sign the petition.

No comments: