Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Thursday, February 16, 2006

Forgot to mention...

By the way, I forgot to mention I did ski the perimeter of the Discovery center http://www.discoverycenter.net/ trail last weekend. I used my old wooden skis, and the trail was just the way I like it-just a little dust to get a good push.

This is a great "first trail" to take kids or people who haven't skied much. There are lots of trail choices that are reasonably flat, and there is variation in tree types and a number of interpretive markers to be interesting.

My favorite part of the trail crosses Tower road and runs along the Manitowish river. Unfortunately, you have to cross the snowmobile trail to get to it. I am not sure that, by the sound of what I heard, the new sound testing devices have made any impact on snowmobile noise.

The trail makes a nice run of twists and turns down by the river. The river itself makes a couple of turns and moves quickly enough here to be open in a couple of places.

No comments: