Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Wednesday, February 01, 2006

documenting a timber sale....


I posted recently about the two timber sales happening in two of my favorite cross country ski areas. Given that the sales are a done deal, there is nothing else to do but watch, wait and document. I will be posting some pics of the areas I am talking about, though by no means am I a nature photographer. Lets see what happens!

This is the inviting introduction to the old logging road running north of Oswego-I love skiing the trail through this balsam growth. The paradox is: if there wasn't logging, there wouldn't be old logging roads like this. On the other hand, I would just like to see more old growth stands to ski through. You can see the red band on the white pine in the foreground.

No comments: