Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What didn't you do this year?

Catching up on Dennis McCann columns. Here he writes about the things he didn't do this year.

My list:

-Didn't canoe the last stretch of the Wisconsin river with my daughter. We scheduled that as a definite for next year.

-Didn't canoe a stretch of the Flambeau river. I didn't catch any fish.

-My DID DO list was pretty good, though. I rediscovered biking in Vilas County-I covered lots of town roads, bike trails, snowmobile trails, and paths in the woods. We remodeled a bunkhouse. I swam in lots of lakes. I ran the Chicago Marathon.

-I did a lot of writing-as the philosopher Walter Kaufmann called it, thinking in slow motion.

-I learned some about the place I live. I learned some about how the DNR works, and some of the forces that impact on their decisions.

I hear we may get a bunch of snow this weekend. Could I be cross country skiing? It is the opening of Deer season, so I will have to find some red...

No comments: