Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thinking good thoughts tonight...step outside for a bit

Wow! Mars and Venus were out there tonight, very bright. My first year of college I used to leave Ross Hall in the middle of the night to ski through undeveloped city lots.
My impression of Superior seems as vivid now as it was then- cold wind coming from the lake forming snow dunes. A slight refinery smell. Houses curtained shut and tight. I have seldom been in a true wilderness, but my experience on those trips, looking up at the night sky and then back at the cold lights of streets and parking lots was one of complete isolation. I felt totally alive!

Kathleen Dunn talked with the Senior Editor of Astronomy magazine today-you can get to the link here: http://www.wpr.org/kathleendunn/

No comments: