Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Pics from the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage-





As readers of this site know, I have been biking a lot this summer-and consequently I haven't been paddling as much as I would have liked. Here are some pictures I found from last year's solo trip down the last stretch of the Manitowish into the Turtle Flambeau Flowage. I remember waking up all night wondering why I was freezing, later my uncle told me that it had reached down to 32 degrees. SOme "Hot August Night"
What I remember most was all of the bird sounds going on in the flowage all night long-loons, geese, ducks-lots of calls, lots of splashing. Very wonderful and a bit spooky when you are alone.
I hope to get out a bit this fall-these pictures have given me a push.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.