Promoting quiet recreation in Wisconsin.
Opposing the coming attempts to sell off Wisconsin's natural heritage.
Fighting denial about climate change. When are we hitting the streets?


Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What I have been up to....

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit-I have spent most of my free time taking advantage of the sunny weather.

Last Sunday, My wife and I participated in the first annual Presque Isle Pedallers fundraiser. We met some great people and are encouraged by the interest in bike trails in the area. "Old W" is a great, quiet bike ride. The plan is to create a bike path, either along old W or of of W, West to Winchester, to connect eventually to Manitowish Waters. I heard from several people that Lac du Flambeau is planning an ambitious trail as well that would connect to Manitowish Waters through the Powell Marsh. If you are from Wisconsin, and enjoy biking, consider donating to the trail projects.

As part of my town-to-town biking exercise, I did complete a path from Boulder Junction to Land O' Lakes that I will describe in detail later, but for now let me just say that "old B" running East to West, is a beautiful path.

I have to run now, but will write more tomorrow.